Our current and former lab members.
- Dr Lindsay Hall - Research Leader
Specialising in understanding the multi-faceted role of the early life microbiota, with the goal of developing therapies to improve human and animal health.
- Melissa Lawson - Research Fellow
Exploring the impact of infant milk diet on microbiota development, with the intention of developing an enhanced infant formula.
- Cho Zin Soe - Post Doctoral Scientist
Exploring the iron uptake mechanisms in Bifidobacterium in the context of colonisation resistance against enteric pathogens.
- Zoe Schofield - Post Doctoral Scientist
Investigating microbe-host interactions in utero.
- Ian O’Neill - Post Doctoral Scientist
Studying the impact of specific bifidobacterial components on inflammatory immune responses.
- Lukas Harnisch - PhD Student
Investigating the effect of Bifidobacterium on the host intestine in health and disease through an integrated ‘omics and experimental approach.
- Raymond Kiu - PhD Student
Investigating the role of Clostridium perfringens in pre-term intestinal infection and the impact of bacterial therapy.
- Cristina Alcon - PhD Student
Impact of antibiotics on the preterm gut microbiota.
- Magdalena Kujawska - PhD Student
Investigating diet as an evolutionary driver in the microbiota genus Bifidobacterium using genomics and experimental approaches.
- Shannah Lympany - PhD Student
Investigating the impact of the early life microbiota on vaccination responses
- Shabhonam Caim - Bioinformatician
As a computational scientist, I try to understand the complexity of genomes using computational algorithms.
- Lisa Chalklen - Project Scientist
Linking premature infant bacterial and immune profiles with the development early life infection.
- Sarah Phillips - Project Scientist
Characterising the preterm microbiota, and the effects of probiotics in restoring “normal” microbiota development over time.
- Charlotte Leclaire - Project Scientist
Investigating the early life microbiota in preterm infants, and exploring new desirable traits of potentially probiotic strains of Bifidobacteria.
- Dr Suparna Mitra - Senior Bioinformatician
Bioinformatics and statistical analysis of clinical microbiome studies.
- Thomas Brook - Visiting PhD Student
Isolating Klebsiella strains and bacteriophages from gut samples of premature babies.
- Helena Adjei - MSc Student
Probing immune and metabolite molecules as diagnostic markers for development of pre-term infant inflammatory disorders.
- Jennifer Ketskemety - Technician
Isolating novel Bifidobacterium strains and coordinating BAMBI study.
- Christopher Wright - Technician
DNA and protein extraction from in vivo and infant samples.